Small enterprises can now apply and be issued with a Broad Based Black Economic (B-BBEE) certificate via website of the Companies and Intellectual Property Commission (CIPC) and as part of the CIPC’s e-services.
Lunched on 1 April 2018 the B-BBEE certificate service works in the following manner.
The following conditions apply:
- Only directors of companies or members of close corporations can apply for a B-BBEE certificate.
- Only companies and close corporations with a turnover of less than R10 million can apply via CIPC.
- All annual returns filings for the relevant company or close corporation need to be up to date.
- Application for B-BBEE certificate can be done at any time (not only when registering a company or filing annual returns).
- Applicant must agree to the B-BBEE terms and conditions.
- A director amendment (CoR39) or member amendment (CK2) must be filled if the director or member’s email address or telephone number is not correct or up to date
Steps to follow
- Visit the website cipc.co.za and click on Online Transacting/E-services.
- Sign in with your customer code and password.
- Click on the Transact-button on the top right corner of the home page
- Select the menu item B-BBEE certificate/New B-BBEE application
- A list of companies/close corporations of which you are a director will display. Click on Apply next to the applicable company/close corporation.
- Complete required fields to verify relative’s detail
- All directors/members will receive One Time Pins (OTP), which must be provided to the applicant to complete the verification.
- Complete the questions relating to shareholders.
- The calculation of B-BBEE level will be displayed on the screen.
- Read and accept terms and conditions
- The B-BBEE certificate will be generated and emailed to the customer