She won’t let me change my child’s surname: What should I do?

Posted on:
6 Sep 2018
Posted by:
Bongani P176680

The mother of my minor child will not let me change my child’s surname to that of my own. We got married under customary law in the latter part of 2016 and till to date we still haven’t signed or registered the marriage. The marriage has since taken a knock from a fallout we had just a week after we got married, and it doesn’t look like it’s trajectory is about to change any time soon. Infact our marriage has become irretrievably broken. I now seek advice on how to go about changing my child’s surname or to determine if there is indeed a case to pursue. Your help in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *